Demand for cybersecurity professionals over the past five years grew 3.5 times faster than demand for other IT jobs and about 12 times faster than for all other jobs. It has been reported that more than 209,000 cyber security jobs in the U.S. are unfilled. Given what we see in the news,America needs well trained professionals working in cybersecurity roles. These professionals are critical in both private industry and the government for the security of individuals and the nation.
Successful Paths has partnered with Cyber Resilience Institute to provide hands on training during the summer to African American College Students who want to gain real world experience in Cyber Intelligence.
During this 12 week Summer Internship, you will learn following:
- Gain real world experience to add to your resume demonstrating your ability to protectinformation from security threats and hackers
- Gain understanding and awareness of the overall threat landscape
- Gain hands on experience working with leading Threat Intelligence Platforms
- Learn techniques how to Collect forensic evidence and analyze threats
- Gain International experience working with other global cyber security organizations
- Participate in capstone project in August to provide cyber intelligence for the 2017 IAAF World Track & Field Championships in London (Your work will be done remotely)
- Obtain professional references from other professional cyber threat professionals
Who can participate?
To qualify for this program, you must be at least a Junior completing your 3th year of college and majoring in Computer Science, Mathematics or Forensic Science. Graduate Students are welcomed to apply as well. To apply click here